Well this weekend we decided to go camping. What a great way to just relax and finally enjoy a weekend without having to work or do anything, but just be lazy. We left Friday afternoon and headed to Abita Springs. On the way we stopped at Walmart. What a selection of baby stuff they had! Alot different than our local Walmart. Looked around, bought a few things for the camping trip, then off we go again. We made it to the campground, unloaded everything. At last, time to relax! We started out with a game of bingo on Friday night, but ughhh they cancelled on us, because only 2 ppl showed up. So then we decided we would head on out to the swimming pool. All I can say is coldddddddd water! It felt like it was 20 degrees or something! Fast forward...swim swim swim....then shower, then off to bed!
Saturday we woke up, had breakfast (all you can eat pancakes). I think I waste my money when it comes to that because all I ever eat is 1. Pancakes fill me up wayyyyy to fast! After breakfast, I took my nephew fishing in the lakes at the campground for a little while. He got tired of fishing fast, because he wasn't catching anything, neither was he even getting a bite. (Quick fishing trip!) Saturday evening rolls around and there is karoake going on at the campground. We all go and we sung a few songs...then back off to the swimming pool. (and I thought the water was cold on Friday!!) After the pool closed we decided we wanted to go light a fire, roast us some marshmellows, and just chill for a while.
Now Sunday... we woke up, had breakfast, went back to the camper to change as everyone wanted to go swimming before heading out for the day (yeah again). So everyone changed and headed back out to the pool. I get out there and sit in the rocker chair they had and rocked for a few minutes. Apparently Gage was liking or disliking it because he was moving all around. Thorne was at the time blowing one of the air floaters for the pool, when I told him to come quick that he would be able to feel Gage. Well, I guess he thought that Gage would be moving around when he was done, so my sister took his spot. She felt Gage moving. By the time Thorne got up to me, Gage had already stopped moving. He was an upset Daddy, cause my sister got to feel Gage before he did. So I told him next time, to come and not wait like he did. We all decided to just go in the pool. I stayed in there for nearly an hour when my shoulders and back were starting to get red. It was time for me to get out. I got out, got back into the rocker and started rocking again. There Gage goes again...moving moving moving. I called Thorne out of the pool and said get over here fast! He came by, put his hand on my stomach and bloop bloop bloop he felt Gage moving. Can we say one smiling Daddy? Yeah, from ear to ear that smile was!
So that brightened his day and mine!
After the pool, we all went back to the campsite, took showers, got dressed and ready to haul way back home. (SHUCKS!) I had great weekends ending!
........and here we are........back at work again! Blah!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is so awesome when they feel the baby move. Ben loves it!
Post a Comment