Monday, July 20, 2009

Big U/S Results and OB Visit

I know a little late...but always better than never!

Friday started off at 6:20 a.m. when I woke up, and was so overly excited to find out what we were having that I could not fall back asleep. As I was getting out of the bathroom, Thorne ended up waking up. He took his shower and we got dressed and headed to Baton Rouge. We were so anxious that we actually left the house around 7:30 a.m. when I appointment wasn't until 10. We had over 2 hours to spare with only a 20 minute ride. So we decided to take in a few garage sales while on the way, as well as, stopping to eat us some breakfast!

We finally got to the dr office at about 9:30. Signed in and patiently waited for our name to be called for the ultrasound. Went in and the first shot of the little one was a face on shot. He had both of his hands next to his ears like he was surprised. Then the second shot was of his goods! It was so cute because the tech said....."And THAT is between his legs", "Looks like you have yourselves a little BOY!" Thorne looked over at me and said "Yes!" All I could do was stare at the screen, smile, then look at Thorne and said "You got what you wanted, I got what I wanted, and I got what I felt the whole time". After the gender shot, he started putting his feet over his head. He looked like he was literally trying to kick himself in the head :). All I'll say to that one is that he shouldn't (or at least better not) give us any problems changing his lil butt when he gets diaper changing! If he can bring his little legs that high, we shouldn't have any problems at all. LOL. We got to view all the insides of the baby, it's little four chamber heart, the organs etc. Everything seemed to be running as it suppose to be. Our little one's name is going to be Gage Michael Ezekiel Smither. His heart rate was a strong 142 bpm and he weighed approximately 10-11 oz. The dr mentioned that if continuing to grow at this pace, Gage will be an upper 6lbs to a lower 7lbs baby.

Then comes the doctor visit. The doctor told us the results of the Cystic Fibrosis testing we had done came back negative, and that Gage has a 1 in 4500 chance of having it. A good result. Then the Down Syndrome testing also came back negative with a 1 in 27,000+ chance of having any type of Downs. My doctor said that is about one of the best results you can get on that testing. I was very thrilled to hear that news. It was a big relief to know that. Everything seems to be healthy and going great so far. (Thank God for that!)

I've gained a total of 6lbs but am still -4lbs of my original pregnancy starting weight. The doctor is more than happy that I am managing the weight gain, expecially since I am slightly over weight as it is.

So that is my wrap up of the Big U/S and the Dr Visit. I go back in 4 weeks. At that time, they will probably re run my blood count to make sure I am not becoming (spelling) anemic?

I totally forgot my u/s pictures at home, so I will try my dangdest to remember to bring them tomorrow so I can post them.

Til Next TIme....

3 comments:

Me said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to team blue. - Tkeys

Alyssa said...

That's so exciting, Donna! I'm glad everything is going so well.

Alyssa

Shannon said...

YAY for team blue, and I love the name you have chosen for the baby boy:) Congrats to you and Thorne!!!!