I'm apologize that I am just now getting to type this update. I rarely get on the computer on weekends except to check email. Therefore, I didn't get a chance this weekend to update you all on the the status of my 1st OB appointment last Friday.
So here goes....This was the first visit to a very new OB. Two reasons I switched OBs was because (1) I didn't really care much for my older one as some of you already know, he threw me on 8 rounds of unmonitored clomid. Thats pretty much 8 months of TTC and money just thrown out the door for something that I would never ovulate on anyways. So I felt that if he didn't monitor me much while on medication, I'd hate to see how he would monitor me with my little one inside. (2) I wanted to have the baby at one of the best hospitals here in Baton Rouge. So we got all switched and needless to say.....it was a WONDERFUL idea. I love this new doctor. He is kind and seems to be alert to everything!
So on to the appointment.....I got there filled out all tons of paperwork (hince New OB).....then was called to take a urine sample. OK...what is this for? I will have to take one every visit until after the baby is born....Don't understand quite why...but hey....its what they want is what they get lol. So I take the urine sample then go back to wait in the lounge. About 10 minutes later, they call me to the back. I go in, get weighed ***ughhh*** (still down 7 lbs somehow) and from there I go in the room. They took my blood pressure which was a little elevated (again cause I was nervous) then I was instructed on the "goodies" package they gave me and told me to sit tight that Dr. D would be in soon. He came in not even 5 minutes later. Talked to Thorne and I then discussed that I would need to get an updated papsmear and breast examination done (YAY, not) lol....So those two things were done and I spoke to Dr. D for a lil while longer and we agreed on a next visit etc.
At my next visit which will be my 12 week appointment, we will be doing an u/s, running a CF test, and also running the test to evaluate if the little one is in the running for DS. We will also beable to hear our lil beanie baby's heartbeat at the next u/s. I'm looking so forward to it. 2wks and 4dayz to go!
Til next time.... :)
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad all went well! I bet you can't wait for another peek!
Post a Comment