Since I was already scheduled for an induction at 12:30 am on 12/5/09, that is how things started.
I tried sleeping the day before after my running around paying bills. I layed down in bed around 5 p.m. I tried getting Thorne to lay down and get some rest with me, as he has been up since 5 am due to him working that day. He was so nervous about the soon arrival of his lil boy, that he couldn't even manage to go to sleep. He layed down for a woppin 5 mnutes then got up and said I just can't sleep. So he went into the living room to watch television. I managed to get in about an hour of sleep. I was so nervous about the induction that I just couldn't bare to sleep any longer myself. I layed in the bed and just had lots of things running through my mind. About 6:15 p.m. on 12/4/09, I actually begin feeling my very first small contractions. I decided to lay there a little bit longer. I got up about 6:45 p.m. and decided to go into the living room to be with Thorne. I layed across his lap thinking that if I was by him, I might be able to sleep. Nope, nadda, zilch!
About 9:00 p.m. my mom got up, decided to walk out on the porch and she says out loud "Oh Snap!" It was actually snowing. I live in southern Louisiana and we get snow maybe every 5-6 years at max. So I can understand her shockness. I told them, that of all days, Gage will be born on a day it snowed. Something to definitely tell him about.
Since I had to be at the hospital early (11:30 p.m.) so I can sign the paperwork and everything for Cord Blood Donation, I decided to just take a bath then head out so we can arrive on time and not have to worry about rushing or anything with the snow. We got to the hospital about 11:00 pm. I was taken to the lab, where they were waiting with my paperwork for the CBD. I familiarized myself with the process, answered the 100+ questionaire, then signed my consent forms. I was wheeled out of the lab and back to admissions where I had to wait until after 12 p.m. in order to be admitted and for my labor and delivery room to be ready.
At 12:15 p.m. my room was ready and I was admitted. I was directed to go upstairs into labor and delivery and there they would bring me to my room. Thorne wheeled me up and off we went. I get to labor and delivery and was brought to my room. Thorne and the rest of the family waited in the waiting room until I was finished being hooked up etc. At about 1:45 am they decided to start the pitocin. They would had started it earlier but Gage was being very uncooperative. Even with the pitocin, my contractions were very few and not sever at all. About 4 am I was so exhaused I actually fell asleep. I was sleeping through all my contractions from that point on.
I was awakened by the doctor at 7:15 am. He decided to break my water and see where we went from there. At the time he broke my water he noticed that the piticon and contractions had stressed Gage so much that he actuakky gad a bowel movement in the womb. Being that I was still at only 1cm dialated after being on the drip, he monitored three contractions then decided it would be best to just have the section done.
I was wheeled in at 8:18 am. My epidural was placed and Gage was born into the world at 8:49 am. Weighing 7lbs 4.3 oz and 20 in long. He has a head full of blonde hair. Below are some pictures of him.
4 comments:
Congratulations!!!!! Gage is so cute!
~Jessica~
(GingerStorm)
Congrats Donna! I hope you are recovering well!
Donna, he is absolutely precious, I bet you are so in love... I love his little round face, he looks perfect:) Hope everything is going well.
Congratulations!! He is gorgeous! - Tkeys
Post a Comment