Monday, September 21, 2009

Not only does my computer lag at times....

I do too! I've been so neglecting this poor blog. I'll try to do better at posting updates!
Here's a little catch up!

Sept 9th - Started taking Z-Pak antibiotics for an upper respitory infection. They did not help.
Sept 11th - Went in to the dr for my 1hr gluclose test and my regular OB appointment. My overall appointment went well. The dr is impressed with how everything is going with the pregnancy etc. The weight gain has only been a total of 15 lbs. He wants me to gain a min of 25 lbs. So I'm right on track with his weight schedule. Everything else going great.
Sept 11th (weekend) - Went to GrandIsle for the weekend. Did some fishing (didn't catch anything ughhhH!!!!) Did have a blast as we were able to spend time with our best friends for an entire weekend though. It's hard to see them often with Thorne working on Sats. We missed them.
Sept 14th - Got the call from the Dr office regarding my 1 hr GTT. I failed. Scheduled my 3hr for the 18th.
Sept 16th - Still feeling aweful. Started getting dizzy spells on Sept 15th around 2 pm. Went to regular doctor. Diagonosed with Lower respitory infection (buildup in lungs), bronchitis, and Vertigo from fluid in my ears. Dr says dizzy spells will not go away until the infection is gone. Given stronger antibiotics and breathing treatments.
Sept 18th - Went in for my 3hr GTT. I stuck to the no carbs and no sugars the day before. I fasted the night of. Can we say I (or we) were starving! Got in at 8:35 am. Drew blood, drank the drink, then got blood pulled every hour for the next three hours. It really wasn't all that bad, except for the fasting and me being hungry.
Sept 19th - My mom and my sister held my baby shower. It turned out great. The food was wonderful and OMG the cake they purchased was SOOOOO Cute! I'll post pictures as soon as I receive them from my mom!
Sept 21st - This bring us to today! Started off bad already. Received a call from the dr office, I am diagnosed with having Gestational Diabetes. Looks like I will be pricking myself 4 times a day. I have to consult with the Diabetic/Dietician and go into their office. I'm waiting on the phone call from them to see when that will be. Probably on Friday.

That's been all folks. Like I said, I'll try to post more often to keep you all updated and I'll get those baby shower pictures just as soon as my mom sends them over.
Til next time!

2 comments:

Me said...

Sounds like things are good, but crazy. - Tkeys

Kari said...

So sorry about the gestational diabetes. I was hoping your 3 hour test would come out fine. I can't wait to see the shower pics!